Skip To Content

About Utica Dental Laboratory, Inc. 

banner

Our History

In 1954, World War II veteran Julius Weigand began his career as an employee of Oneida Dental Laboratory, Inc. When the owners of Oneida Dental Laboratory split up, Julius continued his vocation with Franklyn Lamoree at Lamoree Dental Laboratory, located at 1424 Genesee St.

Franklyn sold the company in 1957 to Julius and Bud Macham. Together, they moved the company to 7 Hopper Street, within easy walking distance of Mohawk Dental in order to decrease service time for dentures. Before Bud’s passing in 1968, the company became Utica Dental Laboratory.

Julius’ son Robert took an interest in the family business and joined his father in 1974. Robert did a great deal to add to Utica Dental Labs' reputation for quality craftsmanship, and he eventually took full ownership in 2000.

In 2003, Robert's son Matt began working with Utica Dental Labs in the afternoons while going to school in the morning. Upon graduating in 2007, Matt joined Utica Dental Laboratory full time, focusing on growing the business and adding additional services.

In April of 2013, Robert purchased new property for Utica Dental Laboratory at 302 Genesee St., where the team has built a state of the art lab environment, ensuring our continued focus on quality now and into the future.

What We Do

We utilize cutting edge technology to provide you with the latest prosthesis solutions on the market. We’re proud of our growth and remain committed to providing consistent quality service. Customers can expect reproducible results each and every time, as well as convenient pickup and delivery throughout Central New York and Syracuse.

Cases are also shipped via UPS Ground. We currently service clients throughout the Northeastern United States.

Who We Are

2014 marked Utica Dental’s 60th year of operation. As a 3rd generation family owned and operated company, we have remained successful by consistently providing our customers with outstanding service and the best products.